Sunday, March 13, 2011

A Taste of the Islands

Spring is coming- I swear! Isn't about time for you to get out the tiki torches and put a little umbrella in your drink? Invite the neighbors, blend up some frozen concoctions and celebrate! This delicious appetizer comes to us from our Party Ninja, Concetta.

White Fish Cakes with Pineapple Salsa

Fish Cakes

8 oz of white fish, skinned
1/4 cup shredded coconut
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 egg slightly beaten
2 tablespoons bread crumbs
1 clove garlic minced
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon red pepper fakes
Vegetable oil for frying
1 1/2 cups pineapple salsa (recipe to follow)


Puree the whitefish in a food processor until smooth. Transfer to a mixing bowl. Stir in the remaining ingredients and shape the mixture into ten 2-inch patties. Saute the fishcakes in vegetable oil until both sides are golden brown about 2 to 5 minutes each side. (recipe says to fry, I do not fry, I saute and they are fine) 8 to 10 portions

Pineapple Salsa
1 1/2 cups can pineapple chunks or fresh pineapple.
1 tablespoon cilantro
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon minced ginger
salt and pepper to taste


Oh yum! I can just hear the steel drums playing in the background while I sip on my tropical drink with the ocean breeze in my hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment