Simply Delicious Shrimp Pasta
- 1 pound (box) pasta
- 1 pound large shrimp (raw, peeled, deveined, tail off)
- 1 small carton cherry or grape tomatoes halved or quartered
- 6 cloves fresh chopped garlic (or a good squeeze of the tubed stuff, or two heaping spoonfuls of the jarred minced stuff)
- 1 pesto cube (see previous post Pesto, Presto!), or tablespoon of prepared pesto
- Squeeze of lemon
- 1 jar of marinated artichoke hears (cut into bite size chunks)
- 1 TBSP butter
- 3 TBSP soft goat cheese
- Salt, pepper, extra virgin olive oil and dry white wine (I like sauvignon blanc or pinot grigio since I can also drink it, too!)
While both pans heat, slice tomatoes and artichokes.
As soon as the garlic is fragrant and butter is mostly melted, add shrimp.
Next, add in the tomatoes and artichoke.
Flip shrimp with a pair of tongs as soon as they begin to curl and quickly add some freshly cracked black pepper, salt, squeeze of lemon, and about 1/2 cup of white wine.
Allow liquids to bubble, then remove from heat to avoid overcooking shrimp.
Top with pesto and goat cheese, then mix. If it's a bit dry, add a drizzle of olive oil and one more squeeze of lemon.
Enjoy with a glass of white wine, and viola! Done.